Friday, June 27, 2014

Setting up the Room

One of the first things I had to do when I got into my room back in August was to have to set it up. I was put in a room that was not really a Kindergarten room or a full classroom. Because our school is so full right now (approx. 840 kids in grades K-6) We have had to shift rooms around. We also had seven kindergarten classes this past year. I really did love the kids, but my room had no storage at all. I had to make my own storage in some places!

This is the front of the room, the easel and the calendar wall. I used the small table for a writing center, but it was later moved from that spot.
 
Other half of the calendar wall and the kids tables. The cabinets on the side are the only storage I had for materials, centers, etc.
 
The alphabet, color wall and helpers boards. Also the kids cubbies.
 
 
 
The word wall, my teacher table and my cubbies are behind the desk which you can see the corner of.
 
The shape wall, smart board (which was later upgrade in the year), my desk, cubbies and bulletin boards
 
The door. I did this all by myself. It lasted for about a month, until a child ripped it while having a fit. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment