Friday, September 12, 2014

Name Activities

These first two to three weeks of school we work on rules, expectations, walking in lines etc. In fact we are still working on these!

This past week we added a new section of Kindergarten due to the large amount of kids we had in each class. I lost two girls and 1 boy. My class is still big-19 but seems a bit more calmer now!

So on to the last few days. We have been working on name activities right now. I use Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Chrysanthemum to help with these. We have also been using nursery rhymes to help with the concept of rhyming words.








These were our cute Coconut Name Trees. The kids had to cut the tree out and glue on a piece of colored paper of their choice. We then wrote the letters of their names on coconuts (I wrote the one's who can't write their names yet, and the others wrote their names) and then they glued the coconut letters on the trees.
 




These were from the book "Chrysanthemum" by Kevin Henke. They were to cut out their name and then put it back in order in the number blocks, then write the number of letters in their name on the line. I wrote their names for them, so they would be correct.
 
I didn't get many pictures of this activity, but I thought it was another good one. I found this on a blog from another kinder teacher here in Midland. You had t cut out the number of coconuts to go on each tree. I let them pick whatever color they wanted of coconuts.
 




Another activity I'm excited about this year is this self portrait book. There is a page for each month. They make a picture of themselves and then they write their name. I'm excited to be able to put these together at the end of the year and see the progress we have made. Of course expectations in September are much different than in May, so some of these are really good for this month!
 
Next week we continue with rhymes, and shared reading activities. We began with our new math curriculum and also begin science next week! Should be an interesting week!!

 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment